Terms and Conditions
1. As used in this Policy:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any products or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any products or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), business contact information (e.g., name, company address, company telephone number) is not considered as personal data so long as it is used strictly for business-to-business (B2B) transactions.
3. Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and contact information such as your contact details, email address or telephone number. You have choices regarding our collection, use or disclosure of your personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and withdraw your consent in a manner described in clause 8 of this Policy.
We may collect, disclose or use your personal data pursuant to an exception under the Personal Data Protection Act or other written law. We will comply with the relevant conditions in relying on such exception. In general, subject to the applicable exceptions permitted in the PDPA, before we collect personal data from you, we will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the intended purposes.
If you choose not to provide us with the personal data described in this Policy, we may not be able to fulfil our contractual duties towards you or facilitate your request or provide products and/or services to you. Any unsolicited personal data received by us will be returned to the sender immediately. If received by email or through our website, these unsolicited personal data will be deleted right away. If received by telephone, these will not be recorded.
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the products and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) job applications and other recruitment process (Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants);
(e) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental; and/or regulatory authority; and
6. We may disclose your personal data under exceptional scenarios as dictated under PDPA guidelines, such as for Emergency cases, Legitimate interests, Government Authority and by Court Order.
Such as and during the following situations:
(a) to respond to an emergency that threatens your life, health, and safety or of another individual.
(b) necessary in the national interest, for any investigation or proceedings.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request (Withdrawal Consent Form) to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the contact details provided in this Policy.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it. Should we require more time to give effect to a withdrawal notice, we will inform you of the time frame by which the withdrawal of consent will take effect.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our products or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, review and notify you on the consequences of the withdrawal before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us through our DPO’s contact details provided in this Policy.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request (Personal Data Access Request Form) for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request (Personal Data Correction Form) to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in this Policy.
13. An administration fee may be charged for the handling and processing of your request to access your personal data. If so, we will inform you of the fee beforehand.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) calendar days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within 30 calendar days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as SSL, encryption and access restriction to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third-party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in this Policy. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we collect about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date, taking into account its intended use. Where possible, we will validate the information provided by you using generally accepted practices and guidelines.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF OPERATING COUNTRY
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to outside of our operating countries. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA BREACH NOTIFICATION
21. In the event of a breach of security leading to accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, we shall promptly assess the impact and if appropriate report this breach within 3 calendar days to the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC). We will notify you when the data breach is likely to result in significant harm to you after our notification to PDPC. We may also notify other relevant regulatory agencies, where required.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
22. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request through the contact details below:
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
EFFECT OF POLICY AND CHANGES TO POLICY
23. This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
24. We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Last updated: 21st July 2022